Long Term Disability
Our LTD plan provides coverage, 24 hours a day, for lost
income when employees are unable to work because of an
injury or illness.
- Monthly benefits up to 70% of employee’s lost income
- Elimination periods ranging from 30 - 365 days
- Maximum benefit duration to Social Security Normal
Retirement Age (SSNRA)
- Recurrent disability variables
- Vocational rehabilitation offering comprehensive
clinical, vocational and job placement services,
research and continuing education
- Contributory, non-contributory, and voluntary options
The United Heritage policy supports a disabled employee’s
abilities. We believe employees have a desire to lead active,
independent lives and contribute to their employer’s
- Our pre-existing condition limitation may contain a
Treatment Free Period that allows claimants to
receive benefits for a pre-existing condition if no
treatment was received during applicable timeframe.
- The Elimination Period can be extended up to a year
from the date of disability when claimants have not
met the earnings loss requirement, encouraging them
to work as long as possible while still protecting their
eligibility for benefits.
- The Workplace Modification Benefit assists
employers with expenses for worksite adaptations that
can help a disabled employee return to work.
- Our recurrent disability language allows claimants to
return to work for up to one-half the Elimination
Period, without having to restart it if they’re unable to
continue to work.
Our LTD policy is designed to provide benefits to those
employees who are unable to work, while facilitating their
return to work whenever possible. Employees are
encouraged to make the right choices about their treatment
and their employment potential.
If you would like information about the Group Long Term Disability products United Heritage has to offer Contact Us or Locate an Agent in your area.